The Harringay Club is the venue for YMCA North London’s extensive range of activities for children and young people.
For all enquiries for Harringay Club contact email@example.com
Since January 1997 the club has concentrated on providing a high quality yet affordable programme of recreational activities for all ages from babies to young adults.
JUNIOR PROGRAMME (reception, infants and junior ages 4 – 11 years)
The junior programme aims to provide stimulating out-of-school activity for 4 to 18 year-olds in a safe, friendly and secure environment.
Gymnastics: Gymnastics classes follow the traditional British Gymnastics syllabus and concentrate on the major disciplines of floor work, vault, beam and bar work, building skills such as balance, strength and flexibility. Children can work towards merit awards. Classes are available on a drop-in basis or as a course. Gymnastics has the following classes available:
- Reception Class (Ages 4–5yrs) – Available as drop-in/course
- Infants Class (Ages 5–7yrs) – Available as drop-in/course
- Junior Class (Ages 7-12yrs) – Available as drop-in/course
- Festival (Invite only – Ages 8+) – Course
- Squad (Invite only – Ages 6+) – Course
- Advanced Gymnastics – Course
- Development Gymnastics Squad (Ages 5-8yrs) – Course
- MyClub Gymnastics (Ages Over 10’syrs) – Available as drop-in
Ballet: Ballet is an ideal discipline for developing poise and posture, co-ordination and rhythm. Classes are available on a drop-in basis working on basic ballet technique and freedom of movement. Alternatively courses are available accompanied by our pianist Krystyna, concentrating on classical balled and working towards the Royal Academy of Dancing grade examinations. Ballet has the following classes available:
- RAD Pre-primary Class (Reception and Yr 1) – Course
- RAD Primary Class (5 – 6yrs & 7-8yrs) – Course
- RAD Grade 1-8 Classes – Course
- Intermediate Foundation RAD Class – Course
- Intermediate RAD Class – Course
- Pointe RAD Class – Course
Modern Dance: A mixture of Jazz, Street and Contemporary Dance. These classes will provide a fun and energetic workout for all who take part. Pupils will also work towards taking exams, working towards the BTDA syllabus Modern dance has the following classes available:
- Modern Dance Grade 1 – 5 Classes (Ages 7+) – Course
- Intermediate Modern Dance Class – Course
- Contemporary Dance: A mixture of Classical Ballet and Modern Dance – Free movement and improvisation encouraged. This is a drop in class for 12yrs +
Tap: Tap is a fun way to develop co-ordination, rhythm and fast footwork and provides a vigorous workout for children with lots of energy. These are exam classes working towards the BTDA syllabus. Tap has the following classes available:
- Tap Grade 1 – 5 Classes (Ages 7+) – Course
- Intermediate Tap Class – Course
- Advanced Tap Class – Course
- Advanced Foundation Tap Class – Course
Drama: Drama is a great way to boost confidence, improve communication and social skills as well as promote creativity and imagination. This is a friendly, fun class involving role play, storytelling, character building, movement games and singing. Suitable for all abilities. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07859 067959.
OTHER CLASSES AVAILABLE DURING THE WEEK
Kickboxing (Ages 14+): Cardio fitness, self defence, muscular endurance and more! Graded syllabus, taught by instructor with over 20 years experience. For more information call 07956857472 or visit www.linkarts.co.uk.
Karate (Ages 5+): Drop in class teaching both graded and ungraded karate. Come along and learn this exciting martial art!
- Saturday Gymnastics Course: 3.30pm – 4.15pm: (Reception and Infants 4–7yrs) 4:15 – 5:00pm (Juniors 7–12yrs). These are structured gym classes that work towards British Gymnastics Proficiency Awards
- Gymnastics and Rebounding (Ages 5–12yrs): 3 Drop-in sessions for those children ‘hungry to do more’! 9:30 – 10:30, 10:30 – 11:30 & 11:30 – 12:30. All abilities catered for.
- Advanced Gymnastics Tumbling: Course or drop in class for children in Squads or for anyone who is on BG Badges 1, Bronze, Silver or Gold. Saturdays 2:30 – 3:30pm.
- Kung Fu Praying Mantis (Ages 6 – 13yrs): Shantung Northern Mantis Kung Fu is an extremely effective Martial Art from Northern China consisting of a blend of 18 Kung Fu Systems. It uses a vast variety of Hand Strikes, Kicks, Locks, Trapping, Grappling and Anti-Grappling techniques. Physical fitness, strength, co-ordination and flexibility will be enhanced very quickly. This is a Drop-in class.
- Taekwon-Do (Ages 4-6yrs): Games! Challenges! Exercise! Fitness! Fun! For more information on the class contact instructor J Moreno 07976629478 or visit www.panteratkd.com
- Irish Dancing (6+): Taught by Caroline Boyce (TCRG) formerly of Riverdance and Lord of the Dance. The perfect way to improve your cardio fitness whilst having fun. Irish Dancing is a drop in class.
If you have any comments or suggestions, please let us know. We are always looking for new exciting classes to run and way to improve our existing classes. Contact us on 020 8348 2124/ 020 8340 6088, visit or email.