£2 could help provide a child from a deprived background with a meal at our breakfast club each day
£5 could provide a young homeless person with a wash kit and toothbrush on their first night in our hostel
£11 allows us to provide a discounted after-school club session each week
£61 allows us to support a low-income family with childcare through a gymnastics course during the school holidays
Is this your first time as a YMCA North London fundraiser? If it is, well done! We hope you enjoy the event that you are raising funds for. If you are one of our wonderful regular fundraisers, thank you for your continued support. Whether you are asking people to sponsor you to sleep rough or to run 5 or 10k, your energy and enthusiasm are what will inspire them to donate. In either case, sometimes it helps to have some other ways to raise funds, so we have a few tips listed below.
- Cake – fairy cakes, muffins, whatever you like. You could then either sell these at your work place, local school, or even host a tea party at your own house.
- Music – maybe a school would allow you or your children to host a talent show, or a disco.
- Quiz night – at a school, community centre or local pub.
- Challenge – bungee jump, parachute jump, abseil, sponsored walk.
- Shoe sale – use any old or unused shoes, children’s or adults.
- Christmas jumper day – at school or work.
- Jumble sale – a great way to clear your home of unused stuff!
- Raffle, tombola – ask local traders for donations or rummage in your cupboards for unwanted items
- Endurance – yogathon, spinathon, zumbathon – ask your local fitness centre for help.
It’s useful to remember that whatever event or campaign you have chosen to support, you are the one who is putting in the effort. Whenever you approach people for sponsorship, be proud of what you will achieve and remember why you are doing it.
Never lose sight of the personal goal you are striving for and the lives you will change forever with every penny you raise. We thank you.
If you have any questions or want more information please contact the fundraising team..