A virtual fundraising event on April 23rd
Sleeping Rough So Others Don't Have To
Do you want to help tackle youth homelessness? On April 23rd we’re calling on local businesses, schools, families and friends to give up the comfort of their bed for one night. Whether you choose to camp out in your garden, bed down in your bath or rough it in an outdoor space, you can help the YMCA tackle the root causes of homelessness. By taking part you can help in creating futures.
How you can take part
- Sign up to take part and receive a Sleep Easy pack to get you started
- Decide how you will hold a Sleep Easy – with friends, family or even virtually with work colleagues? You can make anywhere your Sleep Easy zone – build a den, rough it on the floor or brave the elements outdoors.
- Set up a JustGiving page and spread the word to ask for sponsorship
How You Are Helping
Your donations help us continue working to support our young residents in creating the futures they deserve. With 392 bedrooms, spread over our three residents’ homes, we help over 620 young people get out of homelessness every year. Our approach is holistic. As well as food and affordable accommodation, the YMCA offers residents personal support, access to training for education and employment, life skills and recreational activities.
What your donations can provide:
- £10 Welcome pack for a new resident (toiletries and essentials)
- £30 Bedding, soft furnishings, rugs or table lamps to brighten up a resident’s room
- £50 Art materials for ‘Reclaim the Space’ and other residential art projects
- £80 Resident music studio – an on-going project to provide occupation and inspiration to our many musically-gifted young residents
- £100 IT equipment to allow online access to residents for training and educational, mental health support and benefits
- £500 To redecorate a bedroom
Sleep out and sleep easy knowing that you’re making a real difference to a young person’s life.