While YMCA North London’s much-loved annual Fun Run is sadly unable to take place in Priory Park this year, we are keen that the community doesn’t miss out on the fun so we’ve developed Fun Run at Home. This new virtual fundraising event is a way of bringing the community together even when physically we have to stay apart.
How it Works
- Register your place: click above to sign up. If you have already registered for Fun Run 2020 you will be registered automatically. See our FAQs for full information.
- Choose your challenge: as with the usual Fun Run we have three distance categories that you can enter to run: 10k (16+), 5k (14+) and 1 mile (4 to 14 years). Or, if you fancy being creative, you can set your own challenge with family or friends. You could do it running, walking, cycling – even in fancy dress!
- Fundraise: want to go the extra mile? Why not set up a Just Giving page to help the YMCA deliver more youth outreach work in the area?
- Take Part: you can take part in your Fun Run at Home any time between September 14th and 20th. Whether you do laps in your garden or home, hit the treadmill or take to your local park, it all counts. Just take a photo or video of you taking part or take a screenshot of your running app and send it in to email@example.com
- Claim your Rewards: Once you send in your picture to show you’ve taken part you will get your well-deserved Fun Run medal and a delicious doughnut from our fantastic sponsors of many years, our lovely friends at Dunn’s Bakery! Thank you Lewis and all his team from us all here at YMCA North London!
Where the Money Goes
The Fun Run is YMCA North London’s flagship fundraiser and delivers vital funds to provide services to vulnerable young people under our care and in our community. For example:
- Shelter and safety plus academic, social, and pastoral support for the 150 residents in our hostel
- Specific educational guidance and employment training to help disadvantaged individuals find their voice and their path into sustainable independent living
- Concessions for fitness, childcare, gymnastics and dance activities for low income families
Although we cannot come together this year in our local park, we can still join together in having fun and raising funds to help give vulnerable young people a better chance in life. We hope you will join us.