Our first ever virtual fundraiser, Fun Run at Home 2020, took place recently, since YMCA North London’s much-loved annual Fun Run had to be cancelled this year.
It ran over some glorious sunny weather from 14th to 20th September, which was a real bonus!
Our event was licenced with Run Britain – licence number 2020-41011
Our thanks and appreciation for showing such generosity and commitment to YMCA North London, your local charity...
- All those who ran in the Fun Run at Home: we thank you, and applaud! Over 100 of you ran, all ages, all abilities – a truly community minded act of kindness – well done!
- All Fun Run & Festival Entrants, whether you ran or not: we thank all of you who entered our event this year, it’s been a strange time, but we are very grateful for all your donations and good wishes – we look forward to an ‘actual’ Fun Run & Festival next year – Sunday 9th May 2021! We hope to be opening up entry lines soon, for further information please click here.
- Fundraisers: a huge congratulations and thank you to our two top fundraisers, and to everyone who donated to their Just Giving pages. Zane Best, his first 10k event for us at YMCA North London, well run Zane, and thank you! Peter Quirk, a very dedicated Fun Run entrant of over 15 events, has now reached his target, which was to have raised £10,000 for YMCA North London – absolutely brilliant Peter, thank you so much for your support and effort!
- Dunn’s: Lewis Freeman of Dunn’s Bakery again provided us with a wonderful runners’ treat – a delicious jammy doughnut for each Fun Run at Home finisher! Thank you Lewis and all his team from us all here at YMCA North London!
Where the Money Goes
The Fun Run is YMCA North London’s flagship fundraiser and delivers vital funds to provide services to vulnerable young people under our care and in our community. For example:
- Shelter and safety plus academic, social, and pastoral support for the 150 residents in our hostel
- Specific educational guidance and employment training to help disadvantaged individuals find their voice and their path into sustainable independent living
- Concessions for fitness, childcare, gymnastics and dance activities for low income families
Although we we are unable to come together this year in our local parks, we are delighted to come together in having fun and raising funds to help give vulnerable young people a better chance in life. Thank you for your support.
Francesca Johnson,, Fun Run Race Director